First, research the type of pet you are considering as well as other kinds to ensure you know what is available. Many websites, pet stores, and book stores have care sheets and information on many different kinds of pets which list general details about a specific pet and what it requires. This will help narrow down your selection, whether you are considering something soft and fluffy or a pet with scales. Some people will buy an Asian Water Monitor without realizing they grow up to six feet long, that they require a lot of meat for a diet, and end up having to find it a new home. Another way to ensure the pet you are considering is what you want is to visit pet shops or pet expos to handle them (if possible). This also gives you an opportunity to ask questions to others who already have experience with the kind of pet you are considering. With this approach, you can also see the animal's behavior and see how to properly treat it. If this is not an option, online forums or blogs for any pe...
... middle of paper ...
...r both you and your new companion. If you are following these steps thoroughly, you will be knowledgeable enough to recognize a healthy pet from one that may lay yourself open to more bills or even an early death.
With how easy it is to obtain all sorts of creatures to bring home, these are just a few thoughts that you should consider before welcoming anything into your home. Although finding the right pet for your lifestyle may be time consuming, keep in mind that pets are not toys, but living creatures. Considering all that has been mentioned, adhering to this procedure also helps to avoid contributing to the number of pets waiting for a new owner at shelters or rescues. When proper research is done, a suitable environment is supplied, and a well cared for animal is chosen, the likelihood of having a great relationship with your new friend becomes greater.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A mom drives home from work around four p.m. on the major road in her hometown and stops at a light that turns red. While passing the time, she scans the immediate area, finding a large black truck sitting next to her. In the bed of the truck is a golden retriever, panting happily and alert. She cannot help smiling. The light turns green, and the cars shuffle as everyone accelerates. At the next red light, the car in front of the woman and to the right has a small, tan terrier head sticking out of the back window, tongue out.... [tags: animals, health, pet ownership]
1553 words (4.4 pages)
- Simin Ling Professor Taylor Harrison Rhetoric 105 23 April 2016 Raising pets helps kids to be considerate Have you ever had a pet. As we know, more and more families have pets in their homes nowadays regardless of which country. Data showed an estimated 82.5 million U.S. households own at least one pet in their home. The American Pet Products Association, which is also called APPA, claimed that pet ownership by household in the U.S. has risen from just 56% in 1988, when the first APPA National Pet Owners Survey was conducted, to 68% as of 2013-2014.... [tags: Dog, Pet, Pets, Ownership]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- In recent times, there have been far too many recalls regarding store bought dog food. People do not realize what they are actually feeding their beloved pet. Unhealthy store bought dog food, and the negative effects they bring about, can result in owners switching over to homemade dog food. Most people want what is the best for their cuddly best friend. There are many reasons why homemade dog food is a better choice than store bought, such as homemade dog food being healthier, it has a multitude of differing tastes, one has the ability to monitor exactly what their pet consumes, and it's also financially cheaper, which most anyone can get behind.... [tags: pets, nutrition, ingredients]
747 words (2.1 pages)
- There is an abundance of facts and opinions buzzing around the internet about the health benefits of a homemade raw diet for pets versus feeding dry kibble. It is implied that many studies have been done for dry kibble and canned food, but a lack thereof when it comes to studies for homemade and raw diets. However, homemade and raw diets are becoming more popular today because of the fact people are becoming more aware of the dangers that commercial pet food can bring upon their pets. Low quality commercial pet food can lead to health problems, yet an improperly balanced homemade diet can be just as detrimental.... [tags: canned food, dry kibble, animal diet]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- A Man's Best Friend For many of us, the animals in our lives are our faithful pals who make us laugh, that keep us company and love us no matter what. But a man’s best friend doesn’t necessarily have to be a dog; I believe that any animal can be considered to be a man’s best friend. On the other hand they are many animals who don’t have the same luck as other animals do. For those animals life is hard for them on the streets .Most animals on the streets often suffer from hunger, illness, tumors, skin infections and open sores.... [tags: Animals, Animal Shelter]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- How many people can say that they have a pet that has been around, in some form or other, for 300 million years. Reptiles are fascinating animals that have been around since the Carboniferous Period, 300 million years ago. Many different species of reptiles have come and gone over the course of time and there are five main groups. Turtles and tortoises are distinguished by the presence of their carapace, or shells, which is also their main defense against predators. Lizards are the most diverse and varied among the reptiles with many different types from chameleons, to iguanas, to geckos, to monitor lizards which includes the largest of all lizards; the Komodo dragon.... [tags: Pro Con Essays]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- ... Even if an individual is not in need of a service animal, owning a pet can still improve a person’s health. Our current society is a busy one; busy enough that having the time to exercise is a difficult task for many. However, animals, especially dogs, can function as personal trainers: motivating you to go for a walk or run due to their crucial need to release energy. A dog owner who is “responsible for walking their pups… [is] less likely to be obese than dog owners who pass the duty off to someone else or those who don 't own dogs at all” (McCandless).... [tags: Dog, Pet, The Animals, Property]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- Natural Choice Pets Marketing Plan Natural Choice has performed extensive research to develop and market natural pet products in the United States (U.S.) market. A review of the company strategy along with a SWOT analysis will discuss Natural Choices strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Looking at variables of the marketing mix will help Natural Choice Pets determine the best strategy to satisfy customers and distributers in the targeted market. Company Strategy Natural Choice will develop organic pet food and treats for dogs and cats properly pH balanced for optimal pet health.... [tags: Marketing, Pet food]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- Disaster Relief Just as Louisiana began to reconstruct itself from a natural disaster another hurricane hits and causes many evacuees sent back to shelters. Many people fail to understand or realize how people and pets still don't have a place to live. Because shelters are overpopulated due to recent natural disasters, many pets of disaster victims still need a permanent place to live. Recent disasters caused people to become homeless. Many people did not believe the hurricanes were going to cause as much damage as they did to the affected cities.... [tags: Personal Essays]
1359 words (3.9 pages)
- Facts: Pets 911 knows that every community has pets in need. We offer a free network of animal rescue organizations and services across the country. Pets 911 is becoming an answer for not only the public, but also the pet animal welfare group community on how we in this country can all take part in saving those 5 million animals every year. Pet adoptions, animal shelters, help to find lost dogs and services to find lost cats - Pets 911 for all your pet adoption information - Thousands of homeless dogs, abandoned cats and other animals available for adoption.... [tags: essays research papers]
789 words (2.3 pages)
- RAID: Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks
- Comparing the Characters, Portia and Helena, in Shakespeare's 'Merchant of Venice' and 'All's Well that Ends Well'
- The Destructive Power of Peer Pressure
- Analysis of Calder's Book, Financing the American Dream: A Cultural History of Consumer Credit
- Obsessive Love
- Gaming: Is it really that harmful?