Essay PreviewMore ↓
Two one thousand, three one thousand. Their quarterback quickly shouts out a play. I think to myself “Are my pads secure?” My thoughts quickly turn back to the game as I look up just in time to see two hundred and fifty pounds of blue and white running toward me at full speed. As the sweat rolls down my face my eyes start to burn. My legs suddenly grow weak with fatigue. My hands start to shake as I start to run towards my opponent. I feel a sudden breeze. I start to gag on my mouthpiece. I look up, but all I can see is a glare from the sun, which begins to blind me.
Four one thousand, five one thousand. My bones start to crack. I suddenly realized that I have been hit, and hit hard. I’m now lying on the ground thinking to myself “What happened?” I taste a thick substance and quickly realize that my lip was bleeding. Now I’m in so much pain, my bones ache as I start to get a headache. I hear a whistle and see my opponent standing over me. His sweat starts to drop down from his face to mine. I’m thinking to myself “What went wrong”? I feel the mud on my hands as I slowly start to come back to the rest of the world. I hear the crowd roar. What is going on? Who has won the game? Is it over? I turn my head a little to the left to see the scoreboard. They’ve won by one, and we’ve lost.
Six one thousand. Crowds heading for the exit. Staring at the field covered with empty cups and trash left behind by careless children, I notice that everyone is starting to leave.
How to Cite this Page
"The Football Game." 123HelpMe.com. 19 Jan 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For centuries, jocks and nerds have fought a war trying to declare which of their hobbies was better. Football players will usually go on about their strength and speed, while video gamers show off their skill and intelligence. Neither side even tries to understand each other, and tend to dislike each other. One of the only huge difference between video game players and football players is that one of them is on a field and the other is on a computer or console. For this comparison, I will use League of Legends.... [tags: American football, National Football League]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- Success without adversity is impossible. Everyone in life has their ups and downs and nothing in this world is perfect. At some point in life, hardships begin to occur and that’s when the real test begins. Some people rise up and try their absolute best to take a stand against the challenge. Then there are others that would crawl back into their shells, crying for mercy. There should be no excuse for giving up or not putting in the effort. People are only successful in winning the battle of adversity when they are mentally tough.... [tags: football, sports, ]
508 words (1.5 pages)
- American football derives from rugby, a British game. Ivy League colleges were the first to play American Football games. Harvard was the first college to finally develop standardized rules for the game. Football, America’s great pastime and most popular sport. Why do we love it so much. People enjoy the shared experience, the socialization it offers. Others appreciate the technical aspects of the game, the strategy involved, what it takes to win. Some are in it just for the money, playing fantasy football leagues to owning the teams themselves.... [tags: American football, Football, Football helmet]
758 words (2.2 pages)
- ... Children recovering from an injury must pass their examination and receive full medical clearance from a certified doctor. Ensuring the safety of all children is essential to avoid negligence. The importance of medical supervision is critical to protect all participants from serious injury. “Post-concussion syndrome patients often have had concussions that weren’t managed properly”. “Their brains are exposed to a second injury and the situation becomes much worse than it was or needed to be” (Cantu & Hyman, 75 & 76).... [tags: Concussion, Traumatic brain injury]
1109 words (3.2 pages)
- ... This led to the start of the APFA, American Professional Football Conference, and by 1922, football had become a more established game with 18 active football teams, mostly in states throughout the Midwest. The name was also changed in this year to the name everybody now knows today, the National Football League or NFL. The NFL began to get more national attention when more star collegiate players started signing contracts with NFL organizations. In 1925, a reported 36,000 fans were in attendance of the Chicago Bears game against the Chicago Cardinals.... [tags: American football, National Football League]
1891 words (5.4 pages)
- Are You Ready For Some Football. From the early ages in history to the present day, sports have always been an important part of society. It teaches discipline, how to be a team player, how to interact with others and is a good source of physical activity. In specific, football utilizes all of these aspects of sports and it’s a great source of teaching self-restraint and perseverance. Some may say that football is a violent sport or it’s not beneficial in any way, but in reality it gives a person the basic tools needed not only for playing the game, but also how you interact with people in society.... [tags: essays research papers]
1951 words (5.6 pages)
- Out of all the recent moments that have occurred in my life there is one that sticks out the most to me. This moment would be when my football coach took me to the Penn State versus Ohio State football game last year. The feeling of being able to see a big college football game was incredible. One day after high school football practice my coach had come up to me and asked if I wanted to go to a football game with him. Of course, I said yes, but it did not cross my mind of what game I was going to watch.... [tags: American football, National Football League]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- ... The majority of the population on a plantation was made up of the people performing the labor, blacks, white a small percentage was made up of whites. Compared to the population of the country, only around 15-20% was made up of blacks, you can see the clear connection. Just like on the basketball court or football field, the unusually large population of blacks on the plantation were doing all of the labor. The rich-white men who ran the plantation are still here today, but in the form of commissioners and coaches.... [tags: White people, Black people, American football]
1682 words (4.8 pages)
- The Football Game In the beginning, there was football. The official said, Let the stadium lights come on, and they came on. The football players came onto the field, and they saw the light was good. Other teams started to show up and practice on the battle ground, otherwise known as the "playing field." Fans shouted, and cheerleaders went on about their playful acts. Parents, brothers, sisters, and close friends all piled into the stands to see the game of the year. The official stepped out onto the moist grass at Williams Stadium in Plano, Texas.... [tags: Descriptive Essay Examples]
1480 words (4.2 pages)
- One one thousand. The stands are filled with men, women, and children waving their hands and homemade signs. The cheers coming from the crowd make it hard for me to hear. I smell the hot dogs, popcorn, and pizza being sold at the concession stand. The marching band has just left the field with the tuba player’s last note still ringing in my ear. In the fourth quarter with us in the lead by five the scoreboard shows six seconds. The coach yells, “It’s time to go”. I strap on my helmet with great enthusiasm and head towards the field to take my position.... [tags: Descriptive Essays, Descriptive Writing]
489 words (1.4 pages)