Carrington High School, you have not been totally bad or a waste of my time. I may have found that some of your classes provided were nearly worthless, but some of the classes that you provided were actually helpful. Yeah, I know this is kind of a shock. Classes such as Science and English gave me skills that I will use on a daily basis in my future. Classes in the Mathematical field gave me skills that I will seldom use, but I will use sometimes. Then there are classes such as Intro to Business, Social Studies, and Physical Education that taught me skills that I will never use or already knew.
Most of the classes may have been a joke, but there were a lot of skills learned. There were even more skills and...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personal Narrative- Staying Young Forever It all begins with the famous phrase, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" As children, we think the words "growing up" mean becoming like mom and dad. It means having a job, being able to cook dinner, and knowing how to pay bills. We are too young to understand the real concept behind those two dreadful words. If only someone had told me the truth, I could have prepared for the shock. I hate growing up, and getting older really stinks. The phases of growing up are like a date gone wrong.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
704 words (2 pages)
- Personal Narrative - Baptism I took my first step down into the font and thought. Baptisms are funny things. The brightness of it all is profound. It seems as if there is one brilliant mirror reflecting boisterous cheer everywhere. The idea is to pack as much happiness, either real or faked, into one too-hot room in the hope that it will be absorbed into the absolutely petrified soul of the prospective individual about to be baptized. The joy was so thick that it bounced around the walls and the floor searching for something to absorb it, something to hold it in permanently.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
2630 words (7.5 pages)
- Personal Narrative- A Non-traditional Love Story I first met Tyler at "Above and Beyond", a support group for brain parasites. I don't have brain parasites, and neither does he, but that's where we met. I had seen him before at other support groups, and he never used his real name. He would always glare at me, as if I was intruding on him or something. I've dated a lot of weird guys before, guys that liked to cross-dress, guys that couldn't get enough body piercings, but Tyler takes the cake.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
1515 words (4.3 pages)
- Forever I Will Love You I remember the morning sun shining brightly through the window of the car. The temperature was soaring, soon the temperature would reach 75 degrees Fahrenheit. I watched the cars pass by, but I barely noticed them because all I could think about was getting to see my tiny cousin who weighed less than two pounds. Every time we slowed down I would look around excitedly hoping to see the hospital in the distance. Time seemed to drag on and I quickly became restless. “Are we there yet?” I asked impatiently again for the fourth time.... [tags: Family, English-language films, American films]
1506 words (4.3 pages)
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass The tone established in the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass is unusual in that from the beginning to the end the focus has been shifted. In the beginning of the narrative Douglass seems to fulfill every stereotypical slavery theme. He is a young black slave who at first cannot read and is very naïve in understanding his situation. As a child put into slavery Douglass does not have the knowledge to know about his surroundings and the world outside of slavery.... [tags: Narrative Life Frederick Douglass Essays]
915 words (2.6 pages)
- Kristina with a K- Personal Narrative The year was 1986; it was on this day my life would forever be changed. Up until this point I was a loner, single, an individual. Some people like to be in this state, I wasn't sure that I cared either way. Anyhow, this is where Kristina started. She spelt her name with a "K" instead of the traditional "C." The name was just one way that she was different. I was never quite sure if she chose to be or not. In that aspect I suppose we were the same. At first accepting her into my life was a given more than an option, I guess.... [tags: Free Essays]
418 words (1.2 pages)
- Personal Narrative Diary of a Teenager Dear Diary He's dead, how could he just leave me like this. He's the only one I ever had and now I have nobody. He may have been drunk most of the time but at least he was there…now I am on a bus to the middle of nowhere…alone. All alone, that's me, all alone…forever. They're sending me off to some foster family, I can't believe this is happening. I'm just you're average 15 year old girl, things like this don't happen to me they happen in the movies.... [tags: Papers]
339 words (1 pages)
- Blacked Out - Personal Narrative I’ve never encountered racism before, I knew a bit about it. How people reacted to it some with violence some just turned away and carried on with what they were doing. I thought I wouldn’t encounter it until I was much older. I didn’t really know how I would react to racism I thought about it sometimes when I hear about it. But how I planned to react to racism turned out differently. It was a boiling hot August the sun shown brightly if you took as much as a glimpse at the sun you would be dazed.... [tags: Papers]
644 words (1.8 pages)
- Adoption - Personal Narrative My mother was all I had in this world. It has been two weeks and I still refuse to believe she has gone. During my mothers last few weeks, her face totally changed; cancer is such a terrible disease. Why did she have to leave me to cope with all this on my own. It is so messy. Apparently there was a big secret that I would find out. A short while before she passed away, my mother said that I had to read her will and I would find out what it was. Couldn't be half as bad as she was making it out I thought.... [tags: Papers]
648 words (1.9 pages)
- I-Search Narrative At the tender age of two I moved from a development in the town of Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania to the vast stretches of farmland that make up the area between Mechanicsburg and the neighboring town of Dillsburg. It was not a big move distance-wise, but it would forever change my life. If I would have stayed where I was I would have went to a different high school, had a different set of friends, and who knows where I would be today. While I did not know it at the time, (I was only two, cut me some slack.) my family and I moved within earshot of one of the most prestigious dirt tracks in the country.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1953 words (5.6 pages)