excitement in the air. I was standing there with two of my friends
when we saw a few other people we knew. " Hey, come over here!" I
bellowed. Three tall gothic boys slouched over to us. As we were
talking the line started to move in an uneasy shuffle. We neared the
entrance, where a tall bouncer with a voice that rumbled like thunder
was standing. He asked for our tickets and in unison we passed them to
him. He checked our tickets, nodded a curt nod and let us through.
The only light in the room came from onstage and there were only about
20 people in the mosh pit. Surrounding the mosh pit were metal bars,
then a few steps. To the back there was a balcony curving around the
room and then under that there were all the merchandising stalls. We
wandered into the mosh pit; we were only a few metres away from the
stage. There was a hum of voices as more people filed in. After 15
minutes people were starting to get frustrated because nothing was
happening. Suddenly there was activity onstage and the lights dimmed
the first support band, Slam Cartel came on. The mosh pit went wild,
jumping, pushing and head-banging. In all this chaos I suddenly felt
out of breath, we all clambered out of the pit and onto the steps.
One of my friends kept asking me if I was ok and I said that I felt
really out of breath and had a sharp pain in my chest. We came to the
conclusion that I had probably cracked a rib. Surprisingly it didn't
actually hurt that much! By this time Slam Cartel had finished their
After a few minutes we went over to merchandising stand and Slam
... middle of paper ...
...ore energy and power.
Through out the whole night I kept that energy. By the twelfth song,
which was the last I still could feel the atmosphere, the pride and
the gratitude. We were just happy to be in their presence. For the
last song the whole crowd moved together in a bizarre, alternative
dance. When it came to the chorus, Dave stopped singing and everyone
in the room sung the chorus back. I felt the unity with everyone in
that room although I hardly knew any of them. The song ended. The
night was over. Dave thanked us and smiled. "I love all of you!
Remember that you are your own person and no one could ever change
that." He walked offstage. The first people started leaving the hall.
I looked at my friends and grinned. The night was one to be remembered
I thought to myself as we left the concert and went outside.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- One of the concerts that I have attended was One Direction’s. One direction was formed by a group of boys from London in 2010. These young men were also known as Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson. The band started off from a British talent show on television called the X Factor. During the audition, the boys were eliminated as individuals, but Simon Cowell saw great potential in these young men as a group. He decided to make it happen by giving them another chance to perform together, and indeed they became famous ever since the formation of the English-Irish boy band One Direction.... [tags: Concert Report Essays]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- The Los Angeles Philharmonic Classical Music Concert Report I attended the Los Angeles Philharmonic classical music concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall on Friday 29 November 2013. The classical concert started at 8:00pm to the enjoyment of the huge audience that had been waiting for this amazing music extravaganza. Classical music concerts always offer magnificent entertainment and the audience in this concert was expectant to derive such entertainment or more. In attendance were Christian Zacharias who was the conductor and Martin Chalifour who was the LA Phil commanding Principal Concertmaster and Bach violin player.... [tags: music, concert, audience]
574 words (1.6 pages)
- Music Concerts I went to my first classical concert which was performed by Benjamin Pila. Honestly, I did not expect too much on this concert, because I had thought all the classical styles of music is boring. I just wanted to go to the concert to get my credits and go home. However, contrasting with my former thought, I was amazed with the music of artist Pila. That was the reason why I could not wait to attend the second concert, which is perform by the artist from Thailand Ekschai Jearakul. The music that artist Jearakul played was different from artist Pila, but I had to admit that he is a talent artist.... [tags: Music, Performance, Musical notation, Concert]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- On August 11, 2009, my cousin and I headed off to West Hollywood to the Troubadour, where we would see one of the best band, Cobra Starship perform. When we arrived at the Troubadour many hours early, the security guard told us we had to wait around the corner like the other fans waiting to get inside the doors. So when we walked around the corner, we saw a few fans camping out. We found a spot and we sat down. The wait felt like eternity and the heat of the sun beaming down on us wasn’t helping the situations either.... [tags: concerts, ]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- The concert of Europe could be said to have had a substantial level of accountability in the preservation of peace because it brought about a common satisfaction of the status quo. The concert was forged under the thought that none of the great powers was interested in changing the international order to best suit their need. This is because, no power could be so “dissatisfied that it questioned the legitimacy of the entire order.” (83 p.145 Kupchan.) Some may argue that the concert was not created to maintain peace, because their intervention in states such as Spain was done to drive their own self interest.... [tags: European History]
1955 words (5.6 pages)
- As we all waited in line to go into the concert there was a thrill of excitement in the air. I was standing there with two of my friends when we saw a few other people we knew. " Hey, come over here!" I bellowed. Three tall gothic boys slouched over to us. As we were talking the line started to move in an uneasy shuffle. We neared the entrance, where a tall bouncer with a voice that rumbled like thunder was standing. He asked for our tickets and in unison we passed them to him.... [tags: Descriptive Essays, Descriptive Writing]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- The Concert of Europe The Congress System, which took the form of a series of congresses and diplomatic meetings held between 1818 and 1822, can be regarded as a practical expression of the rather general concept of the Concert of Europe. The Concert of Europe was an attempt to regularize the conflicting ambitions of the Great Powers in the interests of Europe as a whole. As such, its effectiveness was dependant on the willingness of all five Great Powers to show moderation in the pursuit of their individual interests.... [tags: Papers]
1066 words (3 pages)
- CONCERT REPORT #2 Beatles Z320 For my second concert report I thought that I would write about my only experience hearing songs of the Beatles live. The Rib America Festival was hosted by The Beatles Live Repertoire. The group dressed exactly like the Beatles, even had the same names, John, Paul, George, and Ringo. I had never heard any Beatles songs live before, so that was enough to get me off my butt. Not to mention, it was free entertainment, not a bad time at all. So the show starts, and I’m not sure what to expect.... [tags: essays research papers]
1085 words (3.1 pages)
- Nelly Concert On Monday March 25, some members of the baseball team, my girlfriend, and I traveled to Murray State University to watch a concert performed by Nelly and the St. Lunatics. It was a terrible night to go anywhere because it was raining and storming the whole way, but there was nothing that was going to stop us from going to the concert. We where all so hyped up about it and couldn’t wait to head out. My brother, who attends Murray State, had gotten us excellent seats about seventy-five feet away from the stage.... [tags: essays research papers]
595 words (1.7 pages)
- On June seventh at eight o’clock pm I attended a concert at Beneroya Hall. The concert was part of the Masterpiece series, performed by the Seattle Symphony and conducted by Hermann Michael; also including a special performance by the pianist Hélène Grimaud. The performance included four pieces, two by Ludwig Van Beethoven, one by Maurice Ravel, and the last was by Richard Strauss. The two pieces by Beethoven were; Overture to The Construction of The House, and piano Concerto No. 4 in g major, Op.... [tags: essays research papers]
456 words (1.3 pages)