The religious point of view, whether you are Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, or Muslim, the same holds true, all belief that woman was created for man. We as parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and godparents strive to raise our children in a sound foundation, based on the principles of the bible. But now, out of fear of being criticized and losing our children and friends, we give in to the society’s growing norm to legalize same sex marriages. American currency has long boast the logo In God We Trust; sadly we seem to have taken away God and replaced it with Man.
According to Westminster Confession of Faith, marriage is a union between one man and one woman, designed of God to last as long as they both shall live. This statement was Retrieved from: http://www.religioust...
... middle of paper ...
... know. You don't want to answer them. You don't know what they'll think of you and your family.
This essay is by no way stating that you shouldn’t love the person you love. We know about Gender Identity Disorder also called Transgenderism, and the early age at which it develops, we have seen both sides of the spectrum and have to agree that both give very good arguments. However, I stand firm on the beliefs of the bible. It clearly states that woman was created not only for, but also from man. We cannot turn our backs on these teachings. We call upon God to help us in our time of need, yet we want to live by our own set of rules. We need to take heed of his teachings hence we face the same consequences as Sodom and Gomorrah. (Genesis: 19: 1-29). We cannot dictate who one should love, but we can agree to draw the line on legalizing same gay marriages.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Same-Sex Marriage should be legalized Marriage is defined as the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law. It stems all the way back to biblical days when God created Adam and Eve, a perfect partnership of a man and women. While you receive a state issued Marriage license, marriage has been primarily controlled by the church and officiated by a Priest or Pastor. I find it hypocritical that Americans do not want God in schools or law making processes but use it as a scapegoat to ban same-sex marriages.... [tags: Marriage, Same-sex marriage]
1037 words (3 pages)
- Imagine after years of searching you found that one person, your one true love, to spend the rest of your life with. Both of you are deeply in love with one another and want to celebrate your commitment by getting married and raising a family. Both of you go to get your marriage license only to be told by State officials that you do not qualify for one because you are both from the same sex. Unfortunately, this was the hardship that most same-sex couples in America faced every day for the past several decades.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage]
1289 words (3.7 pages)
- ... However, if the husband cheats on his wife that is considered to be normal and if it becomes a problem for the wife then she must go talk to the elders. The one student mentioned that the elders will likely tell her that she should not worry about it because taking care of the children is more important. In addition, keeping the balance of family dynamic is relied more heavily on the woman, while the husband is depended on to bring in the income. Furthermore, same sex marriages are illegal in the Gambia.... [tags: Marriage, Same-sex marriage, Divorce, Wedding]
1865 words (5.3 pages)
- ... Children will confuse about the foundation of family and have a misunderstanding of marriage (Nguyen). Marriage needs the protection of laws because society must be concerned about its own preservation and continuity into the next generation. Homosexual couples and their defenders had been fighting for legalizing same sex marriage for many years. Most of the time, supporters and defenders of gays or lesbians mentioned about liberty and equality in their articles. They often ask for human rights, but they forget human rights include children rights.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality, Marriage]
1995 words (5.7 pages)
- ... In this society we live in, it is well known that these individuals are not open about their sexual orientation due to the fears of discrimination, losing friends, and most importantly, losing a family member’s love because he or she is homosexual. Generally speaking, when it comes to family members on the behalf of same-sex marriage support, it can be severely challenging for these individuals to confess their hope of approval for same-sex marriage. These external forces can be specific challenges for any romantic relationship deviated from its familial norm.... [tags: Homosexuality, Same-sex marriage, Marriage]
1440 words (4.1 pages)
- As of June 26, 2015 the legalization of same sex marriage was passed in over 15 states in the United States of America. Same sex marriage was one of the biggest controversies known world wide due to religious beliefs, personal beliefs, and parental beliefs. Although many can argue why they disagree with same sex marriage, research and personal experience will show why same sex marriage is approved. The number one con of same sex marriage is of course religion. Some believe that if you date of the same sex then you will go to hell.... [tags: Homosexuality, Same-sex marriage, Marriage]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- Same Sex Marriage Is Not Acceptable On June 26, 2015, the U.S. Supreme Court came to the conclusion that marriage is a right protected by the U.S. constitution in all 50 states. Prior to their decision, same sex marriage was legal in 37 states, including Washington D.C. Same sex marriage goes against what the bible says. I feel that homosexuality is unnatural and immoral. Gay marriage is incompatible with the beliefs of several Christian. Marriage is the joining of a man and a woman, who loves one another and wants to spend the rest of their lives together.... [tags: Homosexuality, Same-sex marriage, Marriage]
873 words (2.5 pages)
- Legalization of Same-Sex Marriage: The Impact Same-Sex Marriage a legal union of two individuals of the same gender. From the Freedom to Marry campaign to TV shows like Modern Family, the movement to legalize same-sex marriage in America has risen over the years and continues to spark controversy. On the show Modern Family, Mitchel and Cameron play two married, gay fathers who adopt and raise Lily, a Vietnamese orphan. Like most actual father, they both dote on their daughter, push her to succeed and provide her with a happy home.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage, Homosexuality]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- Same-Sex Marriage Laws State administrations, voters, and more lately the courts have made sweeping modifications to laws defining whether marriage is restricted to relations between a woman and a man or is extended to same-sex individuals. The status of same-sex marriage has been a contentious issue for a long time, even though several states recognize it. In 1993, the Supreme Court in Hawaii articulated that it could not prohibit same-sex marriages without a convincing reason. Even though gay marriages never took place in Hawaii, the decision caught national attention and sparked the passing of Defense of Marriage Act in more than forty states.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage, Homosexuality]
1732 words (4.9 pages)
- Everyone is aware of marriage. We have heard about it, gone to one, or even been in one. The idea of marriage is something that is bestowed upon us and something that we look forward to ever since we were children, but what about those who what to get married to the same sex. How is that possible. As you know, everything changes at some point or another, this includes marriage. That is why same-sex marriage should be legalized. It has come to a point where the idea or a “normal” marriage has to change in order to fit in with a constantly changing society.... [tags: Marriage History, Same Sex Marriage]
1247 words (3.6 pages)