Essay PreviewMore ↓
Over the years I have bought and collected all sorts of silly items to decorate my room. There are posters as tall as you stand, several black lights, and a bumping stereo that all give my room its unique style. Although my room is very small, it easily holds all the stuff I need to relax and feel right at home.
At night, a total of twelve feet of black light tubing engulfs my room with light. This light includes a tinge of orange which is emitted by one of the black lights. This light is a four foot, double tube fixture which I painted fluorescent orange. The light from the two tubes hits the orange coloring, giving a slight orange tone to everything in the room. The other black light has an all black fixture and measures four feet. Because this particular fixture is black, it emits no light other than the black light that the tube produces. There are several items in my room which are black light sensitive. From posters to shotgun skeet clay pigeons, my room has many highlights of glowing items. The black lights add a lot of character to the room in that whoever enters the room, suddenly changes color. Clothes go from white to light purple, and the color of clothes sometimes changes completely.
Other lighting effects are also used to help give the room a fun and party like environment. A small light covered in red plastic wrap is placed in a corner of the room. This light is bright enough only to light just that corner, hence it does not impede on the already acquired orange tinge. A light blue lava lamp which is constantly on day and night, is placed near my bed. It is the only light that remains on while I sleep. Because it serves as the nightlight, I can wake up to a soft blue glow rather than having to turn on a much harsher normal white bulb lamp.
A small variety of posters that represent my interests fill every wall. The majority of the posters consist of scantily clad sexy women. These pictures were collected over time from magazines, and some were given to me by friends. One can tell what type of music I listen to by looking at the posters on my walls. Such artists as Kirt Cobain from Nirvana, the whole crew from Metallica, and an almost life size picture of Billy Joe from Green Day, all give the room a nice touch of style.
How to Cite this Page
"Free Descriptive Essays: My Room, My Haven." 123HelpMe.com. 19 Jan 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The High School Band Room It is impossible to fully comprehend the appeal to the Gulf Coast High School Band Room unless you are actually a member of the band. All members of the Gulf Coast High School marching band spend the majority of their time in the band room, which is like a second home for most. The room itself does not appear to be anything special. It is a large room with a high ceiling, bright fluorescent lighting, and pink and green padding on the walls. The hallway maintains a terrible odor which nobody can quite determine the source of, and the white, vinyl tile floor is covered in a layer of disgusting things one can only dream of.... [tags: Descriptive Essay About A Place]
508 words (1.5 pages)
- Between the early to mid 1600’s, British outcasts had begun to venture out to North America to seek religious freedom. However, many of these settlers weren’t making the perilous voyage across the Atlantic for solely religious reasons. The colony of New Haven was an organized settlement that was both religiously and economically inclined. However, despite their unity and good work ethic, the colony was unable to achieve much significance by the turn of the century. Ever since the colonists arrived in New Haven, they encountered many difficulties that at first thwarted them from creating a thriving economy, and eventually shattered what hopes they had of creating the strong and influential ha... [tags: New Haven, Davenport, puritans]
1945 words (5.6 pages)
- My room is what everyone calls “The Chill Room”. In this room there are all kinds of items that been collected throughout the years. There are several black lights, posters, and a bumping stereo. And even though my room is small it easily holds everything to make it comfortable and chill. At night the black lights engulf the whole ceiling with light. The light includes a tinge of blue which emitted by one of the black lights. This light is a 42 inch double fixture which was painted fluorescent blue.... [tags: descriptive essay, personal narrative,]
555 words (1.6 pages)
- The Wrestling Room As I sit here with my eyes closed, I imagine a tropical breeze. The warm wet air slides over my face. The humidity seems almost heavy enough to crush me. As I take a deep breath, the realization that this is no tropical air comes crashing in. Instead of the refreshing scent of the ocean, or tropical plants, the taste of salt from sweat and a smell of the human body fill my lungs. The daydream is over. A shrill whistle sounds and the voice of coach Chuck booms through out the room, breaking the peace that was comforting the pain in my shoulder and bringing me back to reality.... [tags: Descriptive Writing Examples, Observation]
1401 words (4 pages)
- Filthy College Dorm Room As I lifted my head, I was greeted by at least fifty naked models, all in various X-rated positions, each eyeing me with an expression that suggested nothing but lust and desire. I stepped into the room, only to be overwhelmed with at least twenty-five more girls stripped of any trace of clothing. Although my legs were begging to walk my sickened body out the door, I brought myself together and looked at the reason I was forcing myself to stay there. I had to pee so badly, and a small, filthy toilet was only a few short steps across the chilled tile floor.... [tags: Descriptive Essay, Descriptive Writing]
1477 words (4.2 pages)
- The photo—which my mama now held lovingly in her grasp—I hadn’t realized sat encased in an actual silver frame. When I had touched the frame to draw it close so I could take better look, a shock of static electricity pierced through me. The sudden surge of energy making a snapping, popping sound as an arching bluish bolt of lightning jumped from the metal to my finger tips. “Ouch,” I muttered as I quickly reeled my hand back before touching my fingertips to my lips. “Oh, did it get you?” my mama asked after having heard the sound and possibly even having saw the spark strike before I jumped back.... [tags: Bedroom, Room, Apartment, Nursery]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- The place where I feel the most comfortable, and show my personality, is my bedroom. This is the place where I can really be myself and do what I want; it’s the place I come home to, and wake up every day. My room makes me feel comfortable because it is my own space. My house is always crazy, with my dog barking, and my siblings running around making noise, my room is the only place in the house where I can come and relax without caring about everything else, the only place that I can go to clear my mind.... [tags: Descriptive Essay]
674 words (1.9 pages)
- Have you ever been to a place that made you feel free. As free as a bird soaring through the sky. The Old Pond was that place for me, and though I haven’t seen its sandy edges in what seems like an eternity, I still remember it like it was yesterday. As I think about the place that once brought me such joy, I am suddenly there again. The scent of the giant pine trees, the feeling of the pond’s minnows tickling my feet, the sunshine cascading down from the opening of the trees. No other place has ever made me feel so in touch with nature, and so in touch with myself.... [tags: Narrative Descriptive Summer Personal Essays]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- Water is My Safe Haven Everyone, once in their life, searches for a place or thing to get away and to be by themselves for awhile. When they find this place or thing, it provides them with the comfort, stability, and vitality they may need. It can be a library, the outdoors, a car, the front porch, or even a swimming pool, where they feel the safest, the most comfortable, or feel like all their burdens, all of their worries may be washed away. For me that place is the water; a river, a lake, a beach, a swimming pool, wherever there is water, that’s where I‘ll be.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Descriptive Essay]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- The Church Picnic On Sunday August 22nd, the Delta Church of Religious Science had its first annual picnic. It was a gorgeous day at Contra Loma Reservoir in Antioch. The breeze gently ruffled the leaves as the branches of the shade trees swayed over the picnic tables. Although the mercury soared to 95 degrees, the heat was not oppressive. The Delta Church, having only formed last October, is relatively small with only seventeen members. Considering that, the turnout of thirty people for the picnic was outstanding.... [tags: Descriptive Essay About A Place]
802 words (2.3 pages)
I must mention my stereo. This AIWA three disk CD player is capable of producing 500watts of sound. This powerhouse is channeled to four separate speakers, all providing perfect surround sound. The two main speakers each consist of an eight inch speaker, and two other internal tweeters. The other two speakers are four inches in diameter, and provide a nice midrange of sound. The system sounds great at volume. Yet I rarely use it to anywhere near its potential.
My room is my haven. Everything I could need and want to have fun in everyday life is in it. Many have complimented me for my lighting effects, and for my choice of posters. I await the day when I move into my new house. There, my room will be more than twice as large as it is now. Who knows what I'll do then...