Essay PreviewMore ↓
What comes to mind when you hear the word computer? When I realized what profession that I wanted to go into I didn’t realized just how much computers will affect me. I decided around the age of sixteen or seventeen that I wanted to become an executive protection specialist, also known as a bodyguard. I never really gave it much thought about it. After putting some thought into it I discovered that computers in general, especially laptops, will play an important part in a bodyguard’s daily day to day business in the near future. But there are some disadvantages of using laptop computer also.
There are many advantages for using a laptop. One, you can make out a detailed itinerary anywhere that your client may take you, let it be on an airplane or in a limo. Second, with the small size, the laptops that are on today’s market, they can almost go anywhere and everywhere that you could possible imagine! With an Internet connection, at your hotel, you would have instant connection readily available to the World Wide Web without having to monkey around with a conventional computer desktop that would consist of having to haul around the big tower, monitor, and speakers. This could be an important asset being able to check out what going around different parts of the county or even in a specific part of the world if your client is heading that way. You then could be notified about any potential trouble spots. Another example could be if you’re away with your client for a long period of time, you could use the laptop and Internet capability to keep in touch with family and friends. Since there are so many computer manufacturers out on the market these days this causes the price of the laptops to go down and the quality to go up. Even having the same capacity of the desktop computers. Nevertheless, with all the great thing about laptop computers, there is a negative aspects as well.
How to Cite this Page
"Using Computers in My Work." 123HelpMe.com. 23 Jan 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Computers are everywhere, and they are used for everything, and in every type of business have we become too dependent on computers. The younger generation particularly has seized on the strange communication through the Internet. Using chat groups on different subjects they are taking in school, they conduct live conversations by keyboard through the internet. Since computers have been invented, so many people everywhere find themselves dependent on computers. Computers are appearing almost about every aspect of our lives, and in most cases, they are making things very easy r for us.... [tags: computers]
934 words (2.7 pages)
- The computer has been one of man’s most influential inventions, paving the way for greater achievements with time. Today, computers have become an essential component in fulfilling everyday tasks in both our professional and personal lives. Computers are used to store vast amounts of information, and even replace humans in factories throughout the world. We must now ask ourselves, is this reliance on computers aiding the human mind in achieving its full potential or rather replacing it and hindering our progress.... [tags: Computers ]
924 words (2.6 pages)
- I will present a brief history of the computer since it is prominent in society. The twentieth century was a time of invention and innovation. More specifically, there were major advances in computer technology as electricity developed. The invention of the computer originated from the reliance on electrical based machines that stemmed from a dependence upon mechanical devices. The stepping stones for computers originated in the early 1900’s, but computer advancement occurred most prominently from the 1930’s to the 1950’s.... [tags: History, Computers, ]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- The History of Computers Computers have been around for quite some time and were developed over many years with contributions from philosophers, inventors, engineers, mathematicians, physicists, technicians, visionaries, and scholars. The first computers were calculating machines and over time evolved into the digital computers as we know them today. It has taken over 180 years for the computer to develop from an idea in Charles Babbage head into an actual computer developed today by many different companies.... [tags: Computers Technology Essays]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- The History of Computers In the year 2003, it is almost impossible for those of us who have been brought up with computer to imagine what the world was like before their coming. People use computers every day in their homes, using the Internet, specifically e-mails and Instant Messenger, to keep in touch with friends and relatives far away. People also use computers every day at work and school, planning projects and writing papers. For many of today’s children, computers are an integral part of their education, and some of them use computers in school every day.... [tags: Technology Technological Computers Essays]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- The History of Computers From primitive abaci to lab tops and calculators, the computer has evolved through time to become the essential part of our technocratic society. The development of the computer has shaped the way technology and science is viewed in different cultures around the world. The connotation of what a computer is nowadays brings to mind a monitor, keyboard, processor and its other electronic components; however, that is not how things have always been. From the Chinese using abaci to count, to the Druids' usage of stones to follow the seasonal changes, to the Europeans using Pascalines and calculators to work out mathematical problems the concept of the computer ha... [tags: Computers Technology Technological Essays]
840 words (2.4 pages)
- The History of Computers In order to fully understand the history of computers and computers in general, it is important to understand what it is exactly that lead up to the invention of the computer. After all, there was a time when the use of laptops, P.C.s, and other machines was unthinkable. Way back in the fourth century B.C., the abucus was an instrument used for counting in Babylonia. Many scholars believe that it likely started out as pebbles being moved over lines drawn in the dirt and then evolved into a more complex counting tool (Aspray 7).... [tags: Technology Computers Essays]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- Use of Computers After reading Dr. Alan Bundys web page, I realized of all the ways we rely on computers in this day and age. Computers and the technology today allow people to receive any type of information in the world right at their fingertips. With all the written information that is in libraries, it seems as though people just skip right over that and head straight for the computer. Itðs as thought they feel that the computer does all the work for them and finds all the information that they need.... [tags: Technology Computers Essays]
574 words (1.6 pages)
- Starting back with Word Processors, computers have been around for a long time. As the world wide web grew, so did the need for better computers. With today’s standards, one would need a good computer that has speed, various capabilities, and is protected from viruses. As the computer field continues to expand to keep track of improving technology, so do other job opportunities. Once the only jobs heard of were that of IT management, computer programmers, system managers, etc. Extending past those still popular and important careers are the web page developers and designers, layout specialists, graphic artists, 3D animators; and the list goes on.... [tags: Computers Technology]
1042 words (3 pages)
- Computers In Our Lives With the 21st century rolling right along the technology world is becoming highly advanced every year. School in America must teach the basics of computers before computers become too advanced for students to even learn the basics. Once the basics of computers are taught in school, then students will be able to complete a large percentage of assignments over the computer. There are three basic functions that computers will do to help education. Computers will help students to receive learning material in an efficient way.... [tags: essays research papers]
439 words (1.3 pages)
In conclusion I feel that laptops and basic computer knowledge will be essential part in my career that I have selected. I would have never have thought just how much the potential laptop will affect me everyday with my career decision I have chosen. I’m looking forward to starting off in my new desired career.